Choosing A Roofing Contractor
When choosing a roofing contractor, ask them the following questions:
- What is the full name and address of the company? Check for a permanent place of business, telephone number, tax identification number and a business license.
- Does the company carry the proper insurances? Roofing contractors need to carry liability and workers’ compensation insurance specifically for roofers. Many roofing contractors carry carpenters’ insurance, which will not cover you if there is an unfortunate incident on your property. Insist on seeing copies of the company’s liability coverage and workers’ compensation certificates.
- Is the roofing contractor properly registered and licensed?
- How long has the company been in business?
- Does the roofing contractor carry certifications with roofing manufacturers? Most roof systems require special application expertise to achieve lasting quality.
- Does the company have a proven track record of happy, satisfied customers? Ask for references.
- Do the written estimates contain complete descriptions of the work and specifications, including approximate starting and completion dates and payment procedures?
- Is the contractor a member of any regional or national industry associations? Being a member of BNI, the Chamber of Commerce, or industry associations demonstrates a commitment to professionalism.
- Carefully read and understand the offered roofing warranty and watch for provisions that would void it.
- Is the price reasonable and complete? Be skeptical about lowest bids or those considerably lower than the others written for the same work. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Many below-cost bids seem attractive, but these contractors often are uninsured and perform substandard work.
When it comes to choosing a roofing contractor, price is only one of the criteria for selection. Look for professionalism, experience and quality workmanship by doing your homework. Replacing your roof isn’t something that is done frequently. Make sure your contractor keeps it that way.
Contact All Weather Tite today and find out why we’re the roofing contractor you can trust!
We’ve found that customer reviews are very helpful in keeping our business thriving. We would truly appreciate a review from you!
Select your preferred site to leave a review or comment. Options are listed below with direct links to our listing.